This weeks marks the end of a truly transformational period in terms of my business and my life. If I think back to September last year I was working on my business and had some clients but I still had a lot to learn.
I had signed up to Emily Williams newsletter back in June and she was talking about her group coaching program. It sounded amazing but it was a big commitment – for the group program and the VIP add on it came to nearly £10,000. I didn't have this money to pay upfront and it is a lot of money so early on in your business. But it really resonated with me, I took the plunge and signed up to pay by instalments.
I have never once regretted that decision. The program has taught me so much – it has made me realise I was playing small and it has made me much clearer on what my value is and how I want to help people.
I quickly earned back my investment and am now in a position where my business is growing month on month. The best thing is I am happy and I love what I do. I have found “my thing” and my confidence and energy are at the highest levels – I know that this is the right thing for me as lots of my clients continue working with me and I get a steady stream of referrals.
In making the commitment to invest in the program I was saying I took my business seriously and I wanted to learn more. I had the coaching qualifications (and have also been doing a post grad since October!) but I felt I needed something that was more practical and would teach me about the practicalities of the business.
During the last 8 months I have worked with over 50 clients, talked at over 10 different events, completed 100s of hours of training, had 3 different websites, created 5 different free opt ins, created 3 online courses, developed new relationships and quit my job. I am truly grateful for this experience.
As I prepare for two days training at The Ritz with Emily and her husband James these are my biggest takeaways:
1) If you want your business to grow you need to take risks and these are often financial, it can be incredibly scary to invest in yourself but this is where you will see the real difference. Psychologically when you make an investment it does help to motivate you too!
2) Social support is critical and finding people who are in the same business as you who you can bounce ideas off and collaborate with helps.
3) Consistency is key – if you want to achieve a goal you need to show up every day.
4) Self care helps you grow and develop and will mean you are more successful. I invested in high performance coaching from James as part of my VIP package and had some additional sessions with him – this made a huge difference as he helped me with my energy blocks, think about my routines and productivity.
5) If your heart is telling you to do something – do it! life is short and you will be drawn to things for a reason.
I have got so much out of this program and I am excited to say I am launching my own group program shortly. The investment starts at £750 for 12 weeks of support including weekly 90 minute group coaching calls and modules. More information to follow.