Inspirational Business Owners: Interview with Anne-Marie Martin, Diddi DanceMarch 18, 2019
Today I interviewed the brilliant Anne-Marie Martin to ask her all about running her business.
1) Describe your business – what do you do?
I run diddi dance, which are funky preschool dance classes. I’ve franchised the business across the UK.
2) What made you decide to start up your own business?
As a professional dancer, I fell into this as a business. I was teaching older children dance and also play classes for toddlers elsewhere and it was those parents and nannies who persuaded me to start a preschool dance class! I then realised back then (15 years ago) there was a large gap in the market for them.
3) What did you find hard in the beginning? What help did you get?
Learning how to run a business. I had a degree in dance but no business knowledge or experience so had to learn every single aspect on the go which was quite a large feat!
4) What is the most rewarding thing about your business?
Seeing toddlers doing their firsts, growing in confidence, learning valuable skills etc and then seeing others be able to run the business too to fit around their lives and have those rewarding classes too.
5) If you could go back and give yourself some advice what would you say?
Don’t be so hard on yourself, you can’t be expected to be an expert on everything so ask for help.
6) What are your plans for the future?
To keep expanding to more franchisees in the UK (currently at 43) and also explore overseas too.
Thank you, Anne-Marie.